How much does a WordPress site cost?
This is a question we get at m2media all the time, and there is no real set answer. It is much like asking “how long is a piece of string?”. We like to compare building a WordPress site to building a house. Both have many variables that influence the final cost. Do you want 2 or 4 bedrooms can be compared to whether you want 10 pages or 100 pages.
Our basic WordPress websites start at around $2,400 and increase depending on additional features. Ecommerce WordPress sites for example average around $5.000
All packages include the following as standard:
- initial consulting
- multiple layout designs with revisions based on an existing theme
- conversion of design into a working WordPress theme
- responsive layout viewable of mobiles and tablets
- installation and setup of plugins for contact forms, Google Maps, SEO
- setup of menu structures
- setup of all pages and addition of content (within reason)
Full custom sites will attract a higher cost due to the additional consulting, design and development time required.
There are a lot of extras available that can be included with any WordPress site development. These include
- online store using Woocommerce
- document management
- booking and event calendars
- members only areas
- social media integration including Facebook and Twitter feeds
- email marketing platform
- photo galleries
- WordPress website hosting
- WordPress training
- and more
Before asking how much does a WordPress site cost, first work out your website requirements. Here are some simple steps to build your website development brief.
Preparing a website brief
- What is the main purpose of the website?
- Do you require a full custom design, or happy to use a prebuilt them and modify it?
- Do you have your content ready?
- Do you have a sitemap of all pages planned out?
- What special features are required? These could be an online store, document management, members only area
- Does your site require any online forms? If so, have the fields you wish to include ready
- Have all your hosting/domain information ready. There is nothing worse than having your site ready to go live, but you can’t find your hosting or domain name information available.
- Are there websites that you like the look and feel of?
- Have you got any existing marketing material/branding that the website should match?
- Are you able to provide logos and other graphics/photos
As you can see the is a lot involved in the initial preparation of your website. The more you can do and supply initially will save a lot of time and costs, and your project will run smoother.
Contact us today to talk about your WordPress website. We have a variety of packages to suit most budgets! Click here to fill out our contact form and you will receive a response, typically within hours!